Enrollment Management – Richmond, Virginia
About Noodle Partners
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle Partners helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.
We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If you’re a fellow traveler, come join us!
- Flexible remote work from your home office!
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the gym of your choice
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
Noodle Partners is looking to hire an Outreach Specialist to support enrollment for our top university partners. The Outreach Specialist is the prospective student’s first personal interaction with the university and the online program. The Outreach Specialist will work with a pipeline of prospective students from the inquiry generation to the handoff to the Enrollment Advisor or Student Success Coach.
This is a contracted part-time position and it is based out of Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) in Northern Virginia and travel is expected to partner campuses, Noodle Partners offices in New York and Philadelphia, as well as UVA’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) in Charlottesville, VA. The role is developed around student and school leadership availability, therefore the potential for late afternoon/evening and weekend hours exists.
The goal of the Outreach Specialist is to provide the best service to prospective students and meet all recruitment benchmarks. To reach these goals, Outreach Specialists will need to engage with prospects and applicants throughout the entire recruitment cycle on an ongoing basis. Outreach Specialists are expected to employ an ownership mentality and partner with the Enrollment Lead and internal/external stakeholders to ensure the program’s success.
Outreach Specialists demonstrate mastery in their specialty area, normally signified by an advanced degree, or significant equivalent experience and they operate with authority, independence, and a level of complexity. Outreach Specialists are accountable for the success of the educational programs they administer, and ensure that their programs fulfill the overall goal or vision of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your day to day responsibilities will likely include –
- Recruiting and advising NOVA Community College students who may benefit from SCPS’s degree completion and certificate programs:
- Developing a plan to build awareness about SCPS programs among NOVA students.
- Building relationships with NOVA leadership, student services, and faculty advisers.
- Organizing and executing recruiting events.
- Developing useful materials to educate students.
- Following-up with interested candidates and guide them through the application process.
- Meeting recruitment goals
- Participating in regular calls with other outreach specialists to improve the overall community college outreach effort.
- Providing feedback to Senior Program Directors about students’ programmatic needs.
- Completing other duties and special projects as assigned in a timely, accurate and highly satisfactory manner.
- The position will be located in Northern Virginia and requires travel to Northern Virginia Community College sites and other locations that serve NOVA students, as well as occasional trips to Charlottesville.
Qualifications and Skills
- A positive attitude coupled with grit, drive, and persistence;
- Experience achieving high quality outcomes;
- Solid time management skills and self direction and while being able to demonstrate a solid ability to work independently;
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise;
- Academic success ‒ You have a Master’s or higher level degree and at least two years of related experience
- Must have a passion for serving adult learners and how education can transform lives
- Strong customer service orientation, relationship-building skills, and communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to work under deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and needs
- A team mentality ‒ as a member of the Noodle Partners enrollment team we sink or swim together.
- Microsoft Office or Google Products (Documents, Slides, Drive)
- Slate or other CRM (e.g., Salesforce)
- Experience working in the Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) system, or other community college, in a student recruitment, advising, outreach, and/or counseling role
- Demonstrated track record increasing enrollment in an academic program
This is a contract position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 30 hours per week or 1500 hours of work in a year.
Please apply here to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking with you about joining the team.