Location: New York, NY
Department: Noodle Partners
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
We are looking for a self-starting, organized, authoritative controller with experience building process where it did not exist. Noodle Partners is innovating on the traditional OPM model, and with that we are looking for a flexible, systems-oriented leader. This is a job for someone who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to adapt to the needs of different teams in the company.
The position is located in the Noodle Partners office in New York City.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage accounting policies and processes across Noodle Partners
- Analyze financial statements and ensure the company is on plan
- Ensure accurate reporting in revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, month end close and other accounting operations to ensure timely financial reporting
- Oversee all accounting activities to include accurate and timely reporting of Noodle Partners’ financials
- Perform detailed review of monthly and quarterly financial statements with CEO and President
- Continue to improve, monitor and enforce internal controls, policies and procedures to manage and guide financial decisions to effectively scale the business
- Work with other teams cross the company to implement proper tools for accounting efficiency
- Work with the CEO and President to manage budgets
- Drive external audit processes
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Accounting, CPA and strong accounting experience required
- 15+ years of related professional experience, including management experience
- Advanced Excel skills are a must and a working knowledge of NetSuite is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid project management skills, particularly in managing multiple requests and collaborating with various stakeholders;
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise;
- A team mentality ‒ there’s much work to be done and it’s essential it is completed with a collaborative spirit;
- Amazing time and project management skills – see above.
- Some lightheartedness – we work hard, we care about our work, our campuses and the students they serve but we also work hard to enjoy the journey.
Please apply here to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.