Learning Project Manager, Ann Arbor
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners’ team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at your gym of choice
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
About this Position
The position is located in Ann Arbor, MI and travel is expected periodically to partner campuses and to the Noodle Partners office in New York.
*Relocation assistance is provided
The Learning Project Manager supports Noodle’s vision for exceptional online learning by managing and leading the work of an instructional design provider, for each academic program in their portfolio, and providing quality oversight of an Instructional Design partner as they execute on the vision for a partner university. Responsibilities of this role include:
Owning the relationship with the ID firm including developing the Statement of Work with the ID provider that details the scope, schedule, cost and quality metrics for the engagement.
- Ensuring that all the instructional design partners (for example, the instructional designer and the creative media team) and the university partner are aligned on the vision for the program and are working toward common goals;
- Monitoring quality and timeliness of output to ensure that the vision for exceptional online graduate experiences is faithfully realized in the work created by the instructional design partner.
- Manage the schedule to ensure the courses are built on time
- Manage the invoicing, billing and and budget so that courses do not exceed the budgeted amount allocated for development.
- Provide weekly status reporting to all stakeholders on the progress of the course builds
- Lead and manage the term preparation schedule of activities for each semester start among the university programs in your portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Student Affairs and Learning team and all of Noodle Partners to ensure partner satisfaction with services and products.
- A shared vision for an exceptional online learning experience;
- The tenacity and persuasiveness to drive a team towards our common vision of online excellence;
- The ability to think creatively as we envision great courses for online programs — this ability being informed by a background in or managing instructional design, an understanding of the research about learning and neuroscience, combined with great multimedia, authentic assessment, and curriculum development;
- At least 5 years of experience developing or managing the creation of multimedia, authentic assessments and other curricular assets for online courses.
- At least 5 years of experience achieving high quality outcomes through others, versus doing everything yourself.
- At least 3 years developing solid project management skills, particularly in managing vendors;
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- Familiarity with navigating scopes of work and other types of contracts.
- Experience in quality assurance
- A team mentality ‒ as a key member of Noodle Partners leadership team, you’ve got to put the needs of the team first, at every turn