Location: New York, NY
Department: Noodle Partners
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
We are hiring a Program Operations, Finance Lead to help us build our university budgets, manage our monthly reporting to universities, and conduct an on-going analysis of our spend.
Each month, we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars marketing, building and managing world-class online programs. The Program Operations, Finance Lead will manage the University budgeting and long-term financial modeling processes as we rapidly expand our operations. The individual will also undertake ad hoc financial analyses and modeling which will provide a unique view of the finances of our an ambitious, entrepreneurial company growing at an incredible rate. We need a leader to take charge of this operation, set up the appropriate systems and processes, and help us take this initiative to the next level.
The position is located in the Noodle Partners office in New York City.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish standard methodologies for the preparation of short, medium and long term forecasts;
- Participate in the annual operating planning process and related financial planning budget process;
- Prepare and analyze the annual program operating budgets for Universities in cooperation with internal leadership and external representatives of the Universities;
- Deliver the monthly reporting on program operating budget expenditures;
- Participate in the analysis of the monthly financial results including the interpretation of current month performance as a predictive tool for attainment of quarterly and full year performance expectations;
- Actively participate in the creation and management of financial and operational metrics to provide management with concise information regarding current company performance;
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced Excel skills are a must and a working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid project management skills, particularly in managing multiple requests and collaborating with various stakeholders;
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise;
- A team mentality ‒ there’s much work to be done and it’s essential it is completed with a collaborative spirit;
- Amazing time and project management skills – see above.
- You relish feedback. We have incredibly high expectations. We’re all about getting our processes and our skills better every day. We don’t hold back — the work is too important. We expect to give and get constructive feedback — we ask each other thoughtful questions, we help each other find solutions. We do this together.
- Some lightheartedness – we work hard, we care about our work, our campuses and the students they serve but we also work hard to enjoy the journey.
Please apply here to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.