About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
For each online program, we assemble a team of experts who guide the selection and implementation of agencies and technologies needed to hit program enrollment, retention, and satisfaction goals on a mutually agreed upon budget. The Program Project Manager is ultimately responsible to make sure that the program launches on-time and on budget. This position oversees the workstreams across 7 different teams, and is focused on setting up processes and making sure each area is on-time and major deliverables are met. The Program Project manager oversees a team of Project Managers who manage a specific workstream, and is responsible for making sure each is meeting their deadlines and managing their providers against deadlines. The Program Project Manager is also responsible for coordinating intersections and dependencies between the functional areas.
This position interfaces with an internal team and is responsible for not only managing, but informing the General Manager (who interfaces directly with our University Partners) about all deliverables and project status. The ideal candidate also sets up communication systems to keep all members (internal, university, and external) informed, accountable, and clear on expectations. This position also tracks all expenses – logging all expenses related to personnel and other expenses to ensure we are staying not only on-time, but also on-budget. The expectation is that with each launch, we launch faster, less expensively, and of higher quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand macro level deliverables needed to launch and manage an online program.
- Create and manage the project plan using Zoho Projects, including user management, dashboard management, milestones and dependencies between macro-level deliverables.
- Map dependencies across the teams.
- Ensure the team is tracking hours and accounting expected efforts vs actual time spent.
- Understand how the functional areas overlap and are dependent on one another (ie, Marketing needs to know what states we’re able to market in based on authorization)
- Understands how the teams overlap and works to improve processes based on learnings
- Is the one-point-of-contact on all program deliverables to the Program GM (and Noodle Partners management team)
- Manage all dress rehearsals (QA) prior to launch
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 – 5 years of experience managing complex projects across multiple functional areas.
- A strong track record of hitting goals
- A passion for higher education and creating compelling online learning experiences
- The ability to navigate complex relationships with multiple partners who may have competing goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to set up systems that keep all parties informed, accountable, and clear on expectations
- Experience managing through influence, and dealing diplomatically with multiple constituents.
- Strong organizational skills- this position requires managing several work streams simultaneously
- Comfort with financial documents- this position needs to track all expenses (related to both employee hours and additional costs) and report out how the program is financially performing
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to work closely–yet respectfully–with a wide array of professionals
- A desire and willingness to travel during critical launch periods, and to short meetings each quarter
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- A team mentality ‒ as a key member of Noodle Partners team, you’ve got to put the needs of the team first, at every turn
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.