About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
Noodle Partners’ technical work has two major prongs. The first is to code and maintain various middleware packages that enable our vendors’ systems to talk among each other and to the university’s systems. Projects associated with this are often short-term in nature.
We also build tools that assist in the management of online programs. Many are analytical tools that ingest data (using connectors of the sort described above) and show key performance indicators of how we recruit, educate, and retain students. These tools are so far entirely web based. They have substantial front-ends, so at least some front-end coding will be required. (We may in some circumstances have a dedicated front-end coder.) These types of projects are ongoing.
The code developed under both prongs is hosted and maintained by Noodle Partners, so it’s required to perform, and collaborate with others performing, the devops role. We generally use python for all this work, though other technologies can make an appearance as well.
Our team is still relatively small, with both freelance and full-time members. We are a rapidly growing company and are looking for new members to expand our team.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least seven years experience working as a developer, at least two of which should be in the US
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience developing high-performance systems and web sites (caching, performance, multi-processing, etc)
- Proven experience working with Python (using Django and/or Flask)
- Strong software design skills
- Knowledge of RDBMS database design and querying.
- Worked with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including at least some familiarity with shell scripting
- Experience collaborating with Git
- Experience working with JQuery/AJAX building modern web applications
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical decisions
- Bonus points for experience with NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experience beyond entry level – we will consider applications for mid to senior levels of experience, with appropriate compensation
- Able to self-direct, but willing to seek help when needed
- Collaborative with people from other specialties and parts of the company
- Able to accept direction from and report to project management
- Willing to work on tight deadlines
Important: If you are not a US Citizen, please include in your cover letter a statement about your work status: H1B or other visa, green card, etc.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Mitch Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org.