Technology – New York, New York
About Noodle Partners
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle Partners helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.
We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If you’re a fellow traveler, come join us!
The Technical Project Manager supports the successful delivery of the NoodleStack, a suite of best-in-class technologies and services, to our company and university partners. The primary focus of this position is to manage the technical buildout, integration projects, and lead the project plan, from diligence through full integration. This role requires to have an understanding of technology integration technology such as API operations, SSO, and IAM, as well as other web and database technology.
The Technical Project Manager builds trust and confidence in the NoodleStack across the company and university stakeholders by leading the technical implementation.
The role reports to the Chief Information Officer of NoodlePartners while closely coordinating priorities with the internal development, product teams, and actively communicates with users and stakeholders to keep all members informed, accountable, and transparent on expectations.
You are effective at building relationships with university stakeholders. You are an active listener that can synthesize what you hear from stakeholders and map it to a framework. You enjoy walking into messy situations and discerning organizational structures and ways to effectively make a change. You have an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. You stay positive and constructive in the face of resistance.
You easily master and advocate for technologies. You are very comfortable facilitating discussions that combine technical processes with practical applications. You are thoughtful about what makes a delightful experience for students and instructors. You can explain data integrations and system configurations in different ways depending on the audience.
You execute projects effectively. You are able to design a timeline, secure commitments from contributors, and ensure follow-through. Teammates intuitively trust your ability to deliver on commitments.
You love learning and are passionate about expanding access to quality higher education.
Responsibilities and Duties
Experts at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, removing blockers and fostering processes. Brings enthusiasm and awareness to projects, applying expert judgment and keeping teams focused, and delivering success in rapidly evolving and dynamic environments.
- Lead and mentor Scrum teams in the delivery of NoodleStack
- Enthusiastically contribute to Noodle’s Technical Project Management (TPM) Community of Practice by sharing insights, tools, and lessons learned
- Organize and facilitate scrum events such as sprint and release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, demos and other meetings as needed
- Track, measure and communicate team velocity and sprint progress within the agreed reporting framework
- Assist Product Managers with product backlog maintenance and with making appropriate commitments to deliver business value through story selection, the definition of tasks and estimation
- Use technical knowledge of the business to assist the relevant Product Manager to prioritize requests on time
- Ensure that all project and training documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S./B.A. required
- At least 5+ years of experience managing technology-based projects, with a proven track record of success
- 5+ years of software implementation
- You have 3+ years of experience working as part of an Agile team leveraging methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFE; Scrum Master or PMP certification is a plus
- Proficiency in project management tools (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Smartsheets)
- Experience in Salesforce CRM with end to end implementation experience
- Familiarity with integrating IAM solutions including ADFS, MIM and Cloud Services, SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, LDAP and others
- Substantial experience dealing with clients with a broad range of constituents.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to set up systems that keep all parties informed, accountable, and clear on expectations
- Experience managing through influence, and dealing diplomatically with multiple constituents
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to work closely ‒ yet respectfully ‒ with a wide array of professionalsZ
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- A team mentality ‒ as a key member of Noodle Partners team, you’ve got to put the needs of the team first, at every turn
Please apply to this position here if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking with you about joining the team.