About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners’ team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at your gym of choice
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
About this Position
The Course Operations Manager (COM) supports Noodle’s vision for exceptional online learning by managing and facilitating the work of maintaining our completed programs. The COM manages term by term preparations for existing programs as well as facilitates the on-going improvements for previously completed program builds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and manage the term preparation schedule of activities for each semester start among the university programs in your portfolio as well as all Noodle In-house Term Prep efforts.
- Owning the relationship with the Design Providers including developing the Statement of Work that details the scope, schedule, cost and quality metrics for the engagement.
- Leading the Noodle team and the appropriate university partners through the term prep process each term.
- Monitoring the quality and timeliness of term prep milestones through regular check ins with all pertinent stakeholders involved i.e. Solutions Architects, Designers, etc.
- Manage the schedule to ensure the courses go live on time for faculty and students
- Manage invoicing, billing and and term prep annual budget so that courses do not exceed the budgeted amount allocated for ongoing development.
- Provide weekly status reporting to all stakeholders on the progress of the term prep and/or continuous improvement work
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Learning team and all of Noodle Partners to ensure partner satisfaction with services and products.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The tenacity to drive a team towards our common vision of online excellence as well as an eye for detail
- The ability to think creatively as we envision great courses for online programs — this ability being informed by a background in or managing instructional design, an understanding of the research about learning and neuroscience, combined with great multimedia, authentic assessment, and curriculum development
- At least 3 years experience achieving high quality outcomes through others, versus doing everything yourself.
- At least 5 years in developing solid project management skills, particularly in managing vendors;
- At least 3 years in quality assurance
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- Familiarity with navigating scopes of work and other types of contracts.
- Familiarity with multiple Learning Management Systems (LMSs), specifically Canvas
- A team mentality ‒ as a key member of Noodle Partners leadership team, you’ve got to put the needs of the team first, at every turn
Noodle Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking with you about joining the team.