About Noodle Partners
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle Partners helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.
We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If you’re a fellow traveler, come join us!
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
In your role as Senior DevOps engineer, you’ll lead the DevOps team in building world-class infrastructure environments. You will test-and-iterate, secure, automate and properly scale systems for rapid growth. You will create and document workflows for automation tools to support the software development lifecycle.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer of NoodlePartners. You are expected to interface with the internal development, product teams, and actively communicates with users and stakeholders to keep all members informed, accountable, and clear on expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you will work closely with the engineering and operations teams to create world-class products. You care about delivering quality and secure services in a timely manner. We looking for experience and expertise in most of the following:
- Fluency with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, server management, and information security, and the ability to provide hands-on support
- Designing and architecting high availability and auto-scalable solutions
- Implementing a disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Securing and monitoring complex public internet-facing enterprise systems
Qualifications and Skills
- OS: Ubuntu, Microsoft Server
- Scripting languages: Python, shell programming
- Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, AWS Opsworks, AWS CLI
- Continuous Integration and deployment experience with Jenkins, TravisCI, Code Climate
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty
- Experience using different Security tools such as Qualys, Alertlogic, SonarQube, Synk
- Database machine administration knowledge and experience to install, patching, user management with Relational Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Cloud Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Ganglia, Kibana, Carbon, Graphite
- Experience with Active Directory setup and configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including LDAP, DNS, SSO, and ADFS
- B.S./B.A. required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- 3+ years of software implementation or customer success expertise
- Passion for education and creating compelling online learning experiences
- Familiarity with a wide array of system security-related technologies, in particular, threat detection and security inspection engines
- An ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders at universities and providers across their administrative and technical units
- Love of standardizing processes including testing, building, and documenting the necessary steps for deploying technologies, illustrating workflows, resolving escalated issues, and utilizing support tools
- Experience managing third-party technology partners and integrating systems
- A strong track record of hitting goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to train colleagues on best application of learning technologies to achieve program and course outcomes
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with associated deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations
Please apply to this position here if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.